Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The Almost Disaster

While watching Legend of the Seeker last night on Hulu I was working on the Christmas Tree Skirt. Now, as you all have read many times, this skirt is giving me fits. For one reason or another it gets ripped out and restarted, and I have slowly lost my faith in ever finishing the dumb thing. Well last night I was happily knitting away when this happened:

"What am I looking at? All I see is knitting." You might be thinking. My dear reader, what you are seeing... Is a broken circular needle! The stupid cable popped right out of the needle and traveled half way through my project in about 2 seconds. Those ruffled stitches at the top? Those are LOOSE STITCHES! I sat last night so shocked that all I could get out of my mouth was "Uuuuuuhhhhnnn" and "Aaaaaaiiiiii", as well as some tearless sobbing and a few moments of shallow breathing. Poor Ben just sat there and looked at me with what I will pretend was understanding and fear for my project. (Which is a lie - he was sort of laughing at me.) I just about gave up on the Tree Skirt, thinking that this project was just doomed no matter what.

Luckily though, this yarn is cheap craft yarn which means it sticks together like Velcro on a kitten. And I have an extra set of size 8 circs. So I very very carefully inserted the new needle into the free stitches while taking the existing needle out. I then threw it on the desk and blew raspberries at it. Crisis averted!

And then I found that I miss-crossed a cable section 3 rows back.

No comments:

Post a Comment