Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

Zombie Knitting

Like I said over on my LJ, I haven't been knitting much lately because I'm pretty sure my brain has stolen from me by the little man I'm carrying and I'm not sure he has any plans to give it back. All I do is just sit around and stare at things. This also means I haven't gotten much housework done either, which I feel horrible about, but I just have no energy at all.

I have been doing a bit though. This is a picture-less post because... well I just haven't gotten around to taking pictures. I was going to take progress pics of the baby jacket but I'm lazy and today's lighting is weird with the odd cloud cover we have today. So you'll just get finished pics later.

I've switched over from the shawls to knitting the Jasmine Lace edge cardigan in white. The jacket itself is done (has been for awhile), I'm just working on the lace edging now and then will pick up for the edging around the fronts and neck. It's been going kind of slow but I think that's me, not the pattern since I did the pink one very quickly.

I think I've dropped off the shawls partly because it's been so hot that having a pile of yarn in my lap does not sound appealing at all, and I think the small baby thing has been good for my lack of knitting competence at the moment. But I am working on them slowly. The last clues have been out since last Wednesday and I have 2 clues left on each shawl before they are done. I think I'm a little crazy since I signed up for yet another mystery shawl-along that started Saturday. If I really think I'm going to be able to not only do it in my current state of mind, but get it done before this little guy shows up then I'm nuts. Especially since the clues come out once a week and I'm thinking he'll be here in about two.

But that's where I am for now. Sorry it's boring! But I figured that last FO post had enough pictures to hold you over for now.

Oh! I finished some spinning last week and this time turned out like actual, honest to goodness yarn! I'll post pics and info when I have them!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in the Meg! It will soon be past, then your brain will return, I promise. I spent a ton of time just sitting in the living room just staring out the window. You will have brain power again to be way more creative.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete