Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Chuggin' Along

In addition to my spinning (see below post), I've been slowly working along on the shawls.

I finished clue 6 of the Springtime Swirl and began clue 7 yesterday. 7 is the last one and is the edging for the whole thing. It's very easy but will be very time consuming as there is a LOT of edge to this thing. 640 stitches to join to said edging... But I'm getting there. I doubt I'll finish it today and this is why:

Mom and I's Knit Picks order came yesterday, which included the last ball I needed for my Secrets of the Shawl. I joined that on today and will be continuing on to hopefully finish the last clue either today or tomorrow. Depends on how long the boys sleep and what they get into while they're up.

As soon as I am done with these I will be casting on for the newest Mystery Shawl I've gotten sucked into. Clue 4 is already out, and 5 comes out on Saturday. But I still want to get it done since the yarn I dyed for it came out so well. By the way, anyone near a FoodsCo will find Kool-aid packs at 5/$1. Let's just say I got excited about this and have plenty of colors to dye with now.

Another part of the Knit Picks order was my scale to weight fiber/yarn. It works great! I'm really excited about it because now I can evenly split my fiber before I spin them so that my plying will come out more even. And I can see what my finished skeins come out to be.

I'm trying to make sure I stick to finishing these shawls before I start anything else. I have so many ideas in my head for new things, new designs, and ripping back and starting over with old things. I've decided the Sea Blanket is going to die and will be reknit in a size that actually resembles a human being. I'm going to change the Christmas Tree Skirt to an in the round project. And I'm going to attempt opening an Etsy shop to sell things I make, patterns I design and possibly yarn/fiber that I make up and dye myself. I need to get things made up for that, but should finish those shawls first. Oh well, I have plenty of time. Until the little one comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment