Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Circles, Problems and Therapy

Let's start with the Circles. I'm stuck in a loop with spinning. I have been wanting to spin very badly the last few nights. But I'm afraid to start something because if I do I'm sure the bebe will come and I won't have time to finish it any time soon. But then again, it's almost a sure way to get him to come. So what do I do? Wait until after he gets here, which is who knows when, and then start a new project? Or start something now, ensuring he'll show up tonight and then wind up having to leave it sitting for who knows how long? Decisions, decisions...

In the Problems section today, we have my scarf design that I've been working on for the last few days. The design itself is working out well:


This is the first version I came up with, which has since been refined. Here's my problem. I ran out of yarn. And it's only about half of the length I would want it to be. So I go down to the yarn shop and they only have two balls of that particular yarn left, neither of which are the color I need. Not even in the back. So... I'll finish up what I've got and see how long it blocks out. But! While I was there I got this, which will probably be another scarf of the same design:

Sirdar Just Soya (100% soya) in a pretty olive green color (and I got 2, just in case). Which plays into the Therapy section of today's post. I am so overly pregnant and hot and irritable and it was a crazy two year old twins day and the phone kept ringing all. damn. day. and I'm in so much pain from bebe trying to break my pelvis. So Ben watched the kids while I went out and when I found out they didn't have the yarn I needed I decided there was no way I was leaving without SOMETHING to make me feel better. Which it has. Getting out of the house was nice, and yarn makes everything better.

Now all I have to do is finish the scarf, clean up the chart and write out the pattern and find a test knitter to make sure it's all good. Anyone up for test knitting?

No comments:

Post a Comment