Pages

Monday, November 30, 2009

Just A Teensy Bit Behind...

I was going to show you a close up pic of what I'm working on, but my camera died and I'm out of AA batteries. Use your imagination! It's very tiny knitting (tiny as in 9 stitches an inch, not tiny object).

Well my plan for one project a week is already failing. I am 2 days past my week 1 and I still have half of this present left. Although to be honest I was making AWESOME time, and then I realized that what I had was NOT going to work at all, so I had to rip back the first half and start over. And then the 2 days of stuffing my face meant lots of being lazy, rather than lots of knitting. Hehe. It was good though.

I think I'll still be ok. The other projects won't take a week each (one might, but the others won't) so I can squeeze out extra time there. And I did allow myself that extra week before Christmas for catch up and finishing so we should be good!

In preparation for the New Year and coming resolutions I have decided that I will not acquire a single gram of yarn in 2010 with money from our bank account. This way it leaves it open to gift cards or gifts of yarn for those that like to get me those things for birthday and such. This is for a couple of reasons: One, I have a TON of yarn that I need to use up. I know this because I rearranged the yarn today and the whole time I was going "Holy crap there is a lot of yarn here." I probably have over a year's worth. And two, well. Because things are getting a wee bit tight and the money I would spend on yarn could be going to much better things.

On that note, I am thinking about starting a second blog dedicated to being frugal, filled with tips and tricks, recipes, grocery deals for around the area, etc. But I can't think of a good name for it to save my life. Any got an idea? Or better yet... is it even worth it? Would you care to read it or should I save my finger-breath?

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea!! I would read it and I always love helpful hints.

    ReplyDelete