Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Really Good Plan

Today is November 18th, which means there are just over 5 weeks until Christmas. No, I am not done with my Christmas knitting yet. (I have, however, started shopping for those I'm not knitting for. Go me!)

In an effort to make my life run a little smoother in the next 5 weeks (read: because I'm anal), I have come up with a schedule which goes as follows:

Devote one whole week to one project only. It just so happens that I have 4 projects left, to complete in 5 weeks. So, if the kids behave and the house doesn't decide to spew it's contents all over the place, then this plan should work. I have 2.5 days to finish the blanket for Grandpa (no... not done. About half way sewn up.) Then from Sunday to Saturday will be my time period for gifts. Which will leave the 4 days before Christmas open for finishing up, adding embellishments, wrapping, etc.

With that schedule it looks like the Christmas Tree Skirt won't get done this year either... Oh man I think that's 3 years ongoing now... But! If I finish a project early then maybe I can squeeze it in. There are two projects that I think I can crank out in a few days if I really push.

Now if I'm realistic then I'll remember that I still have to do housework during this time sooooo.... Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. If I were you, I'd tear up that Christmas tree skirt and just buy one instead so I'd stop feeling guilty about it.

    I got to about 30 rows in my scarf, then looked at it and it was full of mistakes. And also it was 40 stitches wide, not 30, like I had thought. So I ripped it up and started over. It's going much faster now and I'm making fewer mistakes. Don't you hate it when the needle goes through the fiber of the yarn instead of the loop, and you work the stitch that way before you realize it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah, yes I hate it when the yarn gets splitty >.<

    Glad to know you're sticking with it! Sometimes all I can do is rip out and start over too.

    Yeah, I might just tear out the stupid thing... Or just leave it as a "when I get around to it". Although I guess it's kind of been that for 3 years now... lol!

    ReplyDelete