Pages

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Randomness


Part 2 of Grandpa's blanket has commenced and is going along nicely (can garter stitch go badly?). Might possibly finish this piece today if I'm allowed to sit. Have some other things to do though, which I'll get to in a bit. I've also cast on a little hat for the baby mentioned earlier. Sounds like she's going to be ok. The fracture is minor and should heal in a few months, and the bleeding is mostly on the outside. They kept her over night for monitoring and hopefully she is going home today. Mum and I thought she needed a hat because she had a boo-boo. It's pink!

I have been reading up on groceries on a budget and have totally started getting into coupons and sales. They're out there, why not use them? I went to Beverly's last night to get some stuff (yeah, it's not groceries, but go with me here) and I was able to use all three coupons from the circular and saved $12.07. It was awesome! I got some fabric to make my own nursing pads which should save me a ton since they're $10-$30 a box depending on the quantity. Now I will just be able to wash and reuse.

I have 4 Christmas presents left and just under 2 months to finish them. I think I'll be good. I have the stuff for all but one, which I will probably order today. I'm and SO FREAKING excited about Christmas I can't wait. I told Ben last night that I couldn't wait to put up Christmas lights on the house and he said he had been thinking about at least putting the hooks up now so it will be all ready. Having a house has made the idea of Christmas super exciting. I can't wait to put our tree up!

Today (hopefully) I'm going to inventory the freezer and see what we have that needs to be eaten, then plan a menu off of that. I still have a week and a half worth of menu (I plan for one month at a time) so it will start after that. But I do know we have things like muffins and cookies that could be eaten now. I also have pumpkins that I need to use... Oh! Someone stole one of the little pumpkins from Mom on Halloween and smashed it on the sidewalk in front of the grumpy guy's house up the street. It made me sad. And then it made me think "Well, maybe he shouldn't be so horribly rude then." But I still have the big one and other little one left to do things with. Maybe I'll can them.

No comments:

Post a Comment