Pages

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Blackberry Cream

Moose Man slept for quite awhile on Friday and I've been wanting to do some dyeing for the past few weeks, so while all the boys were napping I took the chance while I had it. This is what I came up with. I call it Blackberry Cream because it is a deep purple and white.
I used leftovers of my Springtime Swirl shawl (about 524 yards) in Knit Pick's Bare Merino laceweight. I used a mixture of two different Kool-Aid flavors to get the purple I wanted.
I turned out really great. I got the tie-dyed effect by plopping a whole wound up skein into the pot, rather than pulling it apart. So the dye didn't sink into the middle of the skein. I can't wait to knit it up and see how it turns out. I will have to find a smallish shawl/wrap pattern. Or maybe make my own.

I also got some spinning done on Friday. I've started the Black Diamond Bamboo. I only had a chance to get a tiny bit done, but so far is seems to be acting like the grey Merino I did awhile ago. The biggest difference I've seen though is it's a lot lighter. It will fly away really easily if any fibers get separated.

No comments:

Post a Comment