Pages

Friday, September 25, 2009

Dyeing And New Toys

Remember this? Well I finally got around to playing with colors and here's what I came up with:


I've named it Day Lily. It's a little less pink and lot more orange in person, so if you were to hold it in your hands it would look a lot closer. I will have to try to take a better picture later. I think it turned out great and I really love it. I did a whole skein of Knit Picks Bare laceweight (880 yards) so it should make a nice shawl or something.
And now, my new toy! Mom and I have been getting a lot of lace weight lately, which means they come in skeins. Which also means my brother usually got roped into holding his hands out while one of us balled it up. A chore he complained about frequently. But, we went halves on a yarn swift and now:

Woohoo! It makes balling up so much easier. And faster. And I love it. It also makes re-skeining a ton easier too - I used it for my Day Lily yarn.

In Knitting Knews (ha. I crack myself up.) - Not a whole ton going on. I'm working on a shawl during Stargate using the Blackberry Cream I dyed. I also started another Christmas present... That's about it I guess. I've been crazy busy this past week so haven't gotten much done. Maybe next time I post I'll have progress for you. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment