Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Goodies!

My package from Knit Picks came late last night! Looky looky!



Counter-clockwise from left:
7000+ yards of Bare 100% Merino lace weight yarn.
2 sock-in-progress holders.
Brass stitch markers
2 balls Essential sock yarn in "Granny Smith"

I will be dyeing the lace weight eventually. I'm going to try dyeing with Kool-aid and see how it goes. I'm going to use some of it for the Spring Mystery Shawl that I have the first 2 clues for, then will dye it after I'm finished. Or I might leave it white. I'll see how I feel when it's done.

The Granny Smith color sock yarn is what I'm doing the Secret of the Shawl in and I only had 3 balls/693 yds so I figured I would order more. Getting yarn for the same projects at different times can be really dangerous because the saturation of dye can differ from dye lot to dye lot. But I figured it was an open lacy shawl and it hopefully wouldn't be too obvious. Then I get the yarn and take a look at the ball bands and see this:



No problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment