Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2009

W.T.F.?!

I need to keep my mouth shut. Apparently typing "shouldn't take me too long" is grounds for the knitting gods to laugh in your face and smear problem after problem into your work. The sad part is it's been the same problem.

I finally finished clue 1 of the Secret of the Shawl and have been working on clue 2 since yesterday.

Should be finished by now, right? Nope! I have missed a yarn over on almost every row. One. Single. Yarn over. The irritating part is I don't find it until I've purled across the back side and am working on the next pattern row and my count is off.

Should have learned my lesson the first time and check my pattern rows before purling, right? Nope! At least 5 times now I have just gone on thinking everything is fine and at least 5 times now I have have had to tick back every single stitch for 2 and a half rows and start over on the previous pattern row. Because, you know. I apparently can't catch on enough to put a lifeline in either.

I am 6 rows in. I've been 6 rows in for about 20 rows now. I should really be done with this clue.

Lesson to self: Don't try to do lace when at any kind of social gathering. Must. Count. Alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment