Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Progress Pics and Painter's Wrist

Finally! I got pictures of my current progress in both shawls. So, for your viewing pleasure:



Secret of the Shawl - worked through Clue 3

Springtime Swirl Shawl - worked through Clue 3

(Please excuse the horrible lighting, we've had weird weather and I need to find a good place to take pictures.)

I am so desperately behind on the Secret of the Shawl. Clue 6 comes out tomorrow and I have not yet started Clue 4. I am hoping to maybe, possibly catch up sometime this week. I am also slightly behind on the Springtime Swirl. I am half way through Clue 4 and Clue 5 isn't out until tomorrow, but I don't think I will be able to finish it today since we still have a lot of house prep to do.

That is where my painter's wrist comes in. For the past week and a half I have been painting. And painting. And painting. Painting the hallway, painting the kitchen, painting the kitchen cabinets, painting the living room, painting the bathroom, painting new doors. I am so sick and tired of painting. So today I decided that I would take the day off and knit. Just knit.

Which was fine, until about an hour ago when I noticed my wrist was starting to hurt. Now, I don't usually get paint from knitting so I believe I've been painting so much that I've strained this incredibly vital portion of my body. I didn't want to stop knitting (because I have so much catching up to do and it calms me and generally makes me happy) so I adjusted the way I held the needles for now and it seems to work enough to allow me to keep going.

But tonight Ben and I are doing the rest of the bathrooms, so we'll see how tomorrow goes for knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment