Pages

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Dragonflies And Knitting

For the past few days I have noticed a very large number of dragonflies hovering around our back fence:
I'm not sure if you can see them very well in the picture, but there are 4 in that shot. This morning I saw about 10 just in the same area. I think it is because of the pool in the yard behind us. I've had fun sitting in the kitchen and knitting while watching the dragonflies. They've always fascinated me I'm starting to get an idea of incorporating dragonflies into a sweater somehow.

I've been knitting along on the Christmas Tree Skirt. I re-cast on yesterday by combining the number of stitches per section and working it all together. I'm creating pseudo-seams by placing a purl stitch in between each section. I'm thinking I will add some decorative stitches in the sections that are supposed to be just plain stockinette, but we'll see how it works out.

Work on Rachel's sweater has paused (again). Don't ask me about it.

1 comment:

  1. Oh come on now I have to ask about Rachel's sweater. You were doing so well on it on Sunday.

    I like your pictures of dragonflys, I can see one pretty clearly. I think it would be pretty in one of your designs.

    I like the Christmas tree skirt. It looks very nice.

    ReplyDelete