Pages

Saturday, August 15, 2009

FO: Josh's Blanket


Woohoo! I finally finished it last night, and now I have pictures to show you! Hopefully this will make up for being so picture-less the last few posts.


Pattern: Josh's Blanket by Meg

Yarn: Lion Brand Homespun in "Colonial" and "Waterfall" (98% Acrylic, 2% Polyester) - 3 and 4 balls, respectively

Needles: US 10.5/6.5mm Circular

Variations: Can you have variations in garter stitch? Well, I did add one of the dark blue stripes onto the cast on edge by picking up the stitches and continuing in the opposite direction.

Easy garter stitch using one ball of dark blue and two balls of light blue for each stripe. I decided not to put an edging on it since I felt that the stripes created enough interest. It turned out so comfy and warm that I'm not sure I want to give it up. But alas, I shall. It wound up being a lot longer than I had planned, but that's actually good because my brother is turning out to be really tall. So this way it will last him awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, I love the stich and the colors. It turned out so very nice.

    ReplyDelete