Pages

Monday, August 3, 2009

Random Monday

Happy Monday! And happy August! Today is nice and overcast here in hell - Er, I mean southern California - and has thus screwed my idea of laying out and tanning. Oh well. Just as long as I can get that done before it gets cold. Which it won't be for probably 3 more months. Plus I will never really argue with clouds. I just prefer them to be dropping large amounts of water.

My favorite part about Ben building the pool fence for his parents is that I get to go over there and relax, knit and talk to my mom-in-law while everyone runs after the munchkins. It is so nice. I got all but one row of a repeat done while I was there yesterday. I got home and felt so much better because I had gotten out of the house and relaxed, but was still around Ben so I didn't miss him.

Speaking of Ben - he decided that he wanted to buzz his head. Not sure why, but he said he just wanted to and asked if I would do it. So... Last night we started by buzzing it short, but the stupid razor wasn't working very well. So we wound up just shaving it. While I was doing it I was thinking that it would be kind of weird, but when we got done... HOLY FREAKING COW he is hot. I mean damn. (Well, he's always been hot, but you know what I mean). I've always kind of had a thing for guys with shaved heads and always wondered what Ben would look like. Now I know and I like it!

Doing any kind of exercise in the morning when I first get up is really nice. It kind of "starts my engine" and gets me going for the rest of the day. I've already got most of the house cleaned and I feel great. I'm cooking spaghetti squash now and will have that for lunch. We got a ton from Ben's mom and I'm so happy because I'm trying to lose weight without going on a diet since I'm nursing the little man. So eating lots more fruits and veggies comes into play. I needed to start eating better anyways.

I have been reading EZ's Opinionated Knitter. I have really enjoyed it and want to get the rest of her books. Maybe I will order them soon while Knit Picks is still having their book sale. I think that runs until the 17th.

I'm thinking maybe this afternoon I will start redoing the Christmas Tree skirt. It's only 4 months until Christmas so I need to get it done. I have a great idea for Christmas presents this year and am hoping to get them started soon, also.

All three kids are asleep, so I'm off to finish cleaning and then relax while I have the chance!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Ben Shaved his head! I bet he looks nice.
    I am so glad you like coming over here. I love having you and I love having you sit and knit. It always makes me feel so peaceful and content.
    I am glad you are going to eat that squash. It is a good thing to trick your body into it. I think though you look really good.
    Just come again when you need a place to go and knit. :0

    ReplyDelete