Pages

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Why Knitting is Better Than Sewing

Ok, before I make people mad I'll just say maybe it's not better. I just tend to like it a WHOLE lot more.

1. It takes less brain power. Once your hands get into the rhythm, you really don't have to think about it unless you're doing serious lace or color work.

2. You don't have to look at it. Again, once you get going it's so easy to watch other things than your hands. Especially if you're doing garter stitch.

3. You can start right away. No washing your fabric first. No cutting out patterns with annoying tissue paper that gets blown away when you turn on the fan.

4. It's easier to rip out. Let's not get into how many times I had to rip out my sewing - stitch by tiny, stupid little stitch - in the last few days. All you have to do with knitting is take out the needles and pull.

5. It's cheaper. Ok, that's a flat out lie. But let's just pretend so I can feel better.

The boys and I are going to be pirates for Halloween this year. I've made my own costume before and I used to be a pretty decent seamstress. Not great, but decent. However, I have apparently lost any and all ability to correctly follow directions or sew in a straight line. I blame nursing.

No comments:

Post a Comment