Pages

Monday, July 20, 2009

Holding Myself Accountable

It's July 20th and that means there are 157 days left until Christmas. Which in turn means that I need to start knitting for said holiday. But I have things I should probably finish first. So in an attempt to make that happen, I shall post my current projects in a public place so that (hopefully) I will have reason to get them done if everyone else knows about them.

Entrelac Baby Blanket - This has been sitting around on scrap yarn since before we moved so this might not happen any time soon.

Navy Baby Beanie - I just cast this on Friday and worked on it a little over the weekend. My goal was to have it done BEFORE we went to the beach so the little man would have a hat, but oh well. If I'm lucky he'll still fit in it by the time it gets cold. If not, then... well... There are plenty of other babies around.


Kitchen Door Mat - For the sliding glass door. Ben and I are both tired of water and grass being tracked inside so I'm making this as a temporary solution to the problem. We'll see how well it works before the boys use it as a towel.


Apres Surf Hoodie - For Rachel. I swear it's not that horribly pink. It's actually a dark red, but the sunlight is skewing it. The pink and yellow stuff on the bottom is just temporarily holding my stitches, so ignore that part. I REALLY need to finish this, so it's my current "serious" project.


Goddess Knits Anniversary (GKA) Shawl - This is the mystery shawl that I'm doing with the Kool-Aid dyed yarn. I'm only about half way through Clue 1 and have put it down for now to work on other things. Hoping to come back to it soon but need to work on the above sweater for now.

I also have: Blue Blanket for Josh, Christmas Tree Skirt that I'm really hoping to finish by THIS Christmas, and a pair of plain pink socks which are just travel knitting so I'm not concerned about them.

Ok. Now, if you hear about me casting anything else on I want you to ask me "Have you finished your other projects yet??" I will probably glare at you, tell you "No" and go back to what I'm knitting, but at least you'll have made me feel guilty! And let's just ignore the fact that I ordered a lace shawl kit from Knitpicks that should be here Friday...

2 comments:

  1. Gosh You have a huge to do list! I think my life is crazy, and I think about all you are knitting and my life seems...slow!
    Every thing looks pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't possibly feel that slow with the huge garden you have!

    ReplyDelete