Pages

Friday, July 31, 2009

Yarn Orphanage

My grandmother just called me (which in itself is really bizarre, because she never calls me. Ever.) with the most awesomest question ever. She's at work and apparently they are cleaning out one of the storage rooms and they have 18 skeins of yarn that they are just THROWING AWAY. What a horrid idea. Mimi says "It's acrylic, and I don't know what all this stuff means. It says 9 1/2 stitches to 2" if that means anything to you. But it's still in the packaging and they're just getting rid of it. I was wondering if you wanted it."

DUDE! Yes. I will always take yarn, no matter what kind. Apparently I'm not as subtle about my love of yarn as I thought I was being if she thought to call me about giving it a new home. She said most of it is red, with some white and yellow skeins. I have a feeling it's craft yarn, since she works at a school, but I can always find something to do with it. Even if it's just Christmas tree ornaments - yarn always has a purpose. I feel like a yarn orphanage. Taking in the poor, darling yarn that other people are so heartless to get rid of.

SCORE!

ETA: Mimi brought it by this afternoon. I have acquired:
18 skeins of Dawn Sayelle in "Scarlet" (100% Sayelle acrylic)
4(ish) balls of Plymouth Dreambaby DK in a Cream color ( 50/50% acrylic/nylon)
A ball of what looks like more Dreambaby in a pastel lavendar (no ball band)
And 2(ish) balls of an unknown boucle in bright yellow

No comments:

Post a Comment