Pages

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Makin' Some Progress

I've tried really hard for the last two days to get at least some kind of knitting done in order to finish my current projects. Even if it's just a few rows. But I have a household to take care of, and as much as I would love to sit on my butt and knit all day.... I can't. However, the desire to knit has made it easier for me to get chores done in the morning so that I don't feel guilty when I do knit.

So after exercising, cleaning and sweeping the kitchen (which desperately needed it), folding the rest of the laundry, and vacuuming (in between feeding and taking care of the munchies) I have been happily knitting away on the Kitchen Mat. When I get bored with that - which should be soon because it's mostly stockinette stitch - then I'll switch back to the Surf Hoodie. I have ideas to cast on a reworked version of the Christmas Tree Skirt tonight or tomorrow and will throw that into the rotation of projects.

I'm hoping if I keep switching between two or three projects at regular intervals, then I will resist the desire to cast on new things since my brain will already be changing coarse.

Only one small problem that could kill this plan... I've started re-reading Harry Potter book 1 and I'm being sucked in alive. I need a book holder so I can read and knit at the same time. ;)

1 comment:

  1. That is just the reason I haven't started Harry Potter, I know once I get started, I will be at Hogwarts and all of my projects will go down the drain. :)

    ReplyDelete