Pages

Monday, July 27, 2009

Not-So-Knitting Vacation And Stuff

Well, my plans for the weekend and getting a ton of the sweater done tanked. I had a nice weekend, but it was filled with baby holding and a date for Ben and I. I did get 2 rounds done, but that's hardly anything to really be proud of. I will eventually get it done though.

Today is Monday and Monday's are for cleaning. I've been doing laundry and just finished scrubbing the house. We are going grocery shopping tonight, so hopefully in between now and then and afterward I will be able to get some done. In fact, I think I'll go do that after I post this since the littlest one is a sleep and the boys are being remarkably well behaved.

My Knit Picks order was supposed to have arrived on Saturday, so I spent the whole weekend excited that I would have a package waiting for me when I arrived home last night. Unfortunately, all I had waiting was a note saying they tried to deliver. Oh well, I was able to ask for a redelivery online set for tomorrow so that I don't have to go stand in line for an hour to pick it up from the Post Office. So hopefully tomorrow I will be able to show off all my new goodies.

I got the Fall '09 issue of Vogue Knitting in the mail last night. As always, there aren't too many patterns that I would make because I don't know who in their right mind would wear that stuff. It's a little too "runway" for my taste. However, there was a very nice, straight forward article by Jared Flood of Brooklyntweed on how to convert flat knitting to in-the-round. Go pick yourself up a copy if you're interested.

So much for well behaved children. They just dumped baby powder all over my clean floor...

2 comments:

  1. Dear Megan,
    I am glad you got home and that you had a nice time. I don't know if I would complain about baby powder. Today, every time I sit down to sew or write on this blog. Sasha farts from under my desk. I think I am going to just die here at my desk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha wow, ok. You win. Baby powder is nothing...

    ReplyDelete