Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Sloooooow

Well boys and girls, I finally finished the Springtime Swirl. I actually finished it on July 4th (talk about finding freedom - that edging took forever), blocked it and need to weave in ends and take pictures. I'm thinking I might wait and have Rach take them while we're at the beach next weekend. So hold tight for those!

Knitting has almost come to a stop lately. When I'm not holding the baby - who likes to be held constantly - I am running around trying to get things done while I have my hands free. Which leaves very little time for knitting and I'm kind of going crazy because of it. Although I do get a little bit of knitting time when Ben's home because he'll play with the baby.

I did cast on for the Goddess Knits Anniversary Shawl on Saturday while everyone was here for BBQ. I'm to row 30 of the first clue. It's kind of cool watching my own dyed yarn being worked into a project. It's variegated enough to be interesting, but not too much to interrupt the lace.

Yesterday, however, I put that down to start the sweater for Rach (again). I ripped it out and re-cast on. Partly because I couldn't remember where I was at in the pattern, and because I thought of a few variations I wanted to do to make it easier since I have to use two alternating balls of yarn. Maybe I'm getting tired of shawls right now, because the sweater sounded really fun. Or maybe I'm just tired of purling because I'm working this sweater in the round.

No comments:

Post a Comment