Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

OMGPROGRESS!!!

I FINALLY have something to show you! I'm so sorry it's been so boring around here lately, but your patience has paid off!

I was so excited the other night when I was almost done with the first repeat. So excited I was making progress. I was excited until I realized that I had forgotten 3 of the 4 decreases on the last decreasing row. Which was about 3 rows back. Arg. So I ticked back 2 and half rows to the place of the second decrease on the row, decreased, and continued knitting - making sure to put in the stupid decreases - and now here we are! Almost done with the third lace repeat. I will now carry on like this until the whole thing measures 19 3/4", at which point I will begin the increases. The decreases and increases are to form the waist shaping (in case you were wondering). This picture is a more accurate depiction of the color (instead of the horribly garish pink of the pic a few posts ago).

My box o' goodies never made it yesterday. I called the post office this morning and a very nice person name Irene told me that it was scheduled to be delivered today. Apparently, she said, the computer gets confused and it actually takes 2 days to process a redelivery request instead of one. I won't be here when the mail comes - I have a doctor's appointment - but I've left the signed slip saying to leave it at the door, so hopefully when I get back it will be here! If not, then I'm marchin' my butt down there and getting my stuff!

And as a last note, I have so say a big huge giant thank you to whoever invented baby swings. It's the only way I've gotten the little guy to sleep during the day. It leaves my hands free to do things like clean the house and knit. I forgot that the boys pretty much lived in their swings for the first few months too. I love them!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that the yarn you dyed? It looks pretty, I can't wait to see it made up. How are you guys feeling now? I hope better.
    I am just getting online after a busy day. I hope the babies didn't get colds.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, this is some stuff I bought awhile ago. The shawl I was working on with the stuff I dyed is on hold right now.

    We're doing a little better. Ben is just about over it and I'm better today after waking up with no voice this morning. Tyler had a croupy cough this afternoon so we'll see how they turn out...

    ReplyDelete