Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Another Reason Why Sewing is Stupid


That is my finger. Do you see it? Take a closer look. Those two little red dots?

Those are entry and exit points. The one on the top right is where the DAMN NEEDLE went INTO my finger. The one on the bottom left is where the DAMN NEEDLE went OUT of my finger.

I was attempting to move the thread under the presser foot and out the back of the machine when my foot slipped. My finger was under the needle at the time. Let's just say my kids learned a few new words. As soon as I knew what happened I moved my foot, only to realize that my finger was stuck. So I had to manually move the DAMN NEEDLE up and slowly pull my finger off of it.

I didn't actually know it had gone all the way through (happened rather fast and the blinding pain was blurring my sense of reality) - just thought it had stuck me - until I turned my finger and the exit wound was there, oozing as much blood as the top.

Yeah. Totally done for the night. I'm getting a glass of wine after the kids go to bed.

1 comment:

  1. OW! MAN!

    That makes my navel pucker just thinking about it. This is one reason I don't sew.

    ReplyDelete