Pages

Monday, October 19, 2009

New Year's Resolutions: Revisited

Before I used Blogger I used Live Journal. And over on said journal I posted a New Year's Resolution post at the beginning of the year. Seeing as how there are only two and a half months left of this year I figured I would revisit them and see how I did, and see if I can do any unfinished ones before the year is up.

"1. Clean out stash closet and organize."
- Done! I had done this one originally at our apartment, but it looks even better here!

"2. Knit more from stash! Don't buy anything for a project that I could use stash yarn for. This will be difficult as I seem to be drawn to yarn shops like a moth to a flame. Also, try to plan projects around stash yarn, rather than have to find yarn for a project. "
- Mmm... Ok I haven't done too great on this one. I've been trying, but there was the time Knit Picks had the sale on lace, and I wanted to make dishcloths so I needed cotton, and Mom was getting stuff so I wanted to get some too so we could get the free shipping, and....

3. "Spin more! Use up the fiber I have and practice more with my wheel. Get more fiber if the budget allows."
- Spin more I have. Since the beginning of the year I've spun two whole hanks of yarn and started in on the bamboo. That's not a ton for 10 months. But that's not bad considering I've been busy with kids and house. Haven't gotten more fiber as I can't justify it while I still have some (funny that doesn't seem the apply to yarn...).

4. Have Das Bebe! I can totally keep this resolution.
- Check! Beautiful and happy baby boy.

5. Try to be a better house keeper. Not that I'm bad now, but to do things in a more timely manner and procrastinate less. (Read: Don't clean up 30 minutes before Ben gets home.)
- I say I've done a damn good job at this. I get my chores done in the morning, keep to schedule (laundry on Monday, etc.) and keep a very clean house so that if anyone comes over all I have to do is tidy up the toys on the floor.

6. Try to cut our grocery budget even more. Right now we shop about once every two months for the big stuff, which has drastically reduced our food bill, but we know we can do even better.
- I think we've done really good at this too. I've been careful about how we buy things like meat and I stretch them as far as I can by filling in with cheaper things like rice, beans and pasta. I've also made sure that I supply us with just about all our bread.

7. Take time to chill out, not stress, and that ignoring things is ok if it means spending time with the people I love.
- Well, if you read my post about Fridays then you'll know that the last few weeks have had me clean-stressed. But I've calmed down since then and have remembered that no one else will really notice that spot of dust on the floor and if it's clean and presentable for Ben and company then it's OK. I've relaxed quite a bit over the last year, especially since duder was born. I'll say this is a successful resolution.

8. This is a joint deal rather than a personal resolution: Buy a house. We're close!
- YES! We moved into our wonderful home in April and we love it! It's so nice to have so much room and the freedom to do whatever we want to our space. Ben has been very busy fixing up the yard, building gates, redoing the fireplace, and various other things to make it perfect for us. We still need to find decorations we like, but it's getting there. What a great feeling.

Well then. With the exception of the not buying yarn *cough* I've done pretty good! We'll have to see what my resolutions will be for 2010.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Megan, that is so cool, to see how well you have done in less than a year.
    What a nice sense of accomplishment!! *pats on back* :)

    ReplyDelete