Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

A Productive Weekend

Good Morning! It is wonderfully overcast today and we have a forecast for a small amount of rain. (Sorry M-i-L, saw the news this morning and it said only 1/10th is scheduled for today/tomorrow and that's it. Hoping they're wrong.) I got quite a bit of knitting and knitting things done this weekend.

Like I said in my last post, I completed CP2 aside from some extra finishing. Very excited about this one, think the recipient will get a lot of use out of it. Actually thinking about keeping it for myself...

Second, after working a bit on the Christmas Tree Skirt, I decided I didn't like the way the cables were going in the same direction on each side. So I did some reworking, charted out my new idea, inserted a life line at the point before the cable section and ripped the whole thing back to there. I have finished a repeat and like it much better!

The cables are now mirrored, instead of going the same direction. Much better orientation if you ask me. I've also changed some of the knits to purls for better distinction between sections. Realized I really don't like the yarn at all (cheap Red Heart acrylic) but keep telling myself that it is for under a tree once a year. Not a big deal what it's made out of. Plus I need to use it up.

I am also working on a scarf design that is about half way done. Am hoping to get the pattern done this week - not sure if I want to offer it for free, or sell it. I will have to see how much work it takes me.

Finally, Ben parents came over Saturday to bring his younger brother for guitar lessons and Mom brought me this:


Isn't it beautiful? I love it! She also brought me some little candy corns she made out of wood. I'm so excited to be decorating for fall. I asked Ben yesterday if it was too early to put the Christmas tree up. He laughed and said it wasn't even Halloween yet. I am just so excited to be having Christmas in our own house and being able to decorate however we want. So awesome!

Well, today is Monday which means cleaning day. It's not bad, just tidying up, laundry and vacuuming. Hopefully I will get done shortly and get to knit some. Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Meg, I love your background!! It looks so pretty. I also loved all of your pictures!! Your Christmas tree skirt looks good, I like the color. I am too excited for Christmas and was thinking that we could put up the tree and just have the lights :)
    I loved today being cloudy. I did get lots of sewing done. Dad is thinking of having to out of town next week so I am getting lots ready to do while he is gone. I am making Lemons. :)

    ReplyDelete