Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Warm and Cozy



This is how Ben and I watched the news this morning. As much of a pain in the butt as it was, and how irritating the run around was to finally get it installed, I really like our insert. We'll have to see how well it works when the house is really cold, but it seems like it will work very nicely. It is supposed to be cold this week, so hopefully we'll get a lot of use.

In Blanket news, I am 1/8th of the way done!


I am doing a pattern from Elizabeth Zimmerman and I have to tell you that woman is a genius. A goddess among knitters. If she were still alive, I would eat up any opportunity to meet her. I highly recommend "The Opinionated Knitter" for anyone, even if you're not a knitter. It's filled with not only her patterns (reprinted from their original newsletters), but many stories from her journals and her daughter Meg. It's a great book.

I'm doing this blanket on US 10 1/2/ 6.5mm needles. My gauge is about 3.5 stitches an inch so it is FLYING. The only thing I have to do today is make bread, so hopefully I will get lots of knitting time done. Might even get another section completed.

The boys are knocking on their door and the little man is talking rather loudly from our bedroom. Guess it's time to go!

1 comment:

  1. The fireplace insert looks wonderful! I am so glad you got in installed finally. It looks so cozy and homey. I bet you enjoyed it this morning.
    I can't wait to come and see it in person. :)

    ReplyDelete