Pages

Friday, October 30, 2009

Why I Am Most Likely Not Going To Finish Halloween Costumes

I have kids. That's why. "But, isn't that who you're making the costumes for?" you might be thinking. Yes it is. Unfortunately, they've become accustomed to things like eating. Which takes up time. Add in the fact that I can't really sew while the wild ones are awake because they get into everything when I'm not looking, and that duder really has to be held right now apparently... Not getting any sewing done!

There is still a very small chance that I might make it, but since I like to be with Ben when he gets home and not off doing whatever, that means I have 2.5 hours left and 1.5 costumes to complete in that time. Haha. Plus Ben has been recording some of his songs at night and I don't think the sound of the sewing machine would make for very good backing tracks. And tomorrow I have to go get candy and maybe do farmer's market. Maybe I'll just tie fabric around their heads, give them swords, and call it good.

Next year - totally putting costumes together from stuff we already have. No more of this sewing crap.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, that makes me feel so much better. Here I've been feeling like the ultimate underachiever for not even bothering to do costumes this year. I offered Alex this crab costume our neighbor gave us, but he ran away from it. He won't even wear cat ears. So my dressup plans are foiled for now.

    And hey, bandanas and pirate patches are all they need. They already have guns. Pew pew! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, use a bandana and paint some whiskers and they you got a costume. Elliot is going and 3 holepunch Jim with just pieces of paper cut out and stuck to a shirt. It is no big deal. You have your hands full and they won't know anyway. They have never gone trick or treating. It is funny though. :)

    ReplyDelete