Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

A New Plan

Happy cold day! I love how the weather goes from crazy hot to deliciously cold just about over night. I'm so happy it's October.

If you're looking for some kind of knitting update... well... I got four rows done of the current Christmas present? Kinda sad, I know. The thing is I've been so busy. For one, the kids have been sick for about a week now. It started with just runny noses and grumpies. Now it's full blown glassy eyes, staring at random objects, and snuggling with blankets. So I've spent a lot of time holding sick boys. Duder was so stuffed up last night that he started gagging. He's ok, but it kept waking him up. Funny thing is though, he's still in a great mood. He got up at 3 and when I lay him in bed to use the nose sucker thing Ben woke up and looked at him, to which he responded by beaming up at Ben. It was really cute.

In addition to that I've been crazy about house cleaning. I keep a pretty clean house. With the exception of the inevitable toys scattered on the floor throughout the day, everything is in pretty good condition. Clean house is my sanity. My normal schedule was laundry and general house tidying on Mondays, and then small bits of every day things the rest of the week (like dishes, etc.). But for whatever reason for the past few weeks I have kept thinking that the house is not clean enough. Even when I've done everything I still go back and re-tidy rooms, find small things to put away. I wind up spending all day cleaning, and I realized I'm driving myself crazy because I feel like I get no break (and the house is clean beforehand!).

So I have a new plan. This comes from talking to my mother in law who said she has picked Fridays for sewing. That's all she worries about that day and I think it's a fantastic idea. So, part one - I will reclaim naptime as my free time. For awhile I would do whatever I wanted once the boys went down because the house is quiet and I don't have to chase them. Then I started cleaning during that time. No more! I shall have my relaxation time to do as I please. Part two - Fridays will be for knitting. Since I get most everything done on Monday then the rest of the week can be spent doing other tidy things if needed, but Friday... Friday will be my day of worrying about nothing but yarny goodness. I shall knit as much as I want. If I get to knit during the rest of the week, great! But Fridays will be set aside especially for that.

I'm hoping this way I will not only a) get Christmas presents under control, but b) find some of my sanity and fun again, and c) have more progress to show you guys. Because even I am seriously disappointed in the lack of interest on this blog!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I am so happy you liked my idea about Fridays. The one thing I forgot to tell you was I also refuse to listen to my conscience who is always shouting at me about house work too. I tell it Fridays are what keep me sane. Now go away and you can tell me what needs to be done on Thursdays and Saturdays. It works and I found out though I have to set my sewing machine up as a way to silence the housekeeping demon. :)

    ReplyDelete