Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

No, I'm Not High - Why Do You Ask?

Good morning lovely readers! It is the first day of October and it is deliciously chilly and it just plain smells good outside. Ben told me this morning that the weather people are saying if the weather keeps going like this, then we will have November like conditions next week. I could go for that!

I am in a ridiculously good mood today. Why, you ask? Because I got up and made my husband breakfast this morning. A routine that I had sadly fallen out of. Now, some of you might be saying "Well, that's nice dear" or "Why on earth would you do that?" or even "What does this have to do with anything??". For me it has to do with everything because it makes me feel wonderful! But I digress. Let's get to the pictures!


Heh, you didn't actually think I had something DONE, did you? Silly reader. This is a very close up, non-disclosure shot of a Christmas present that is in progress. It's ribbing. That is all you shall know for now, but this is using the twisted knit stitches I mentioned the other day. See how clean it looks? I love it.

I think this shall become a Christmas present also.


Just not sure what, or who for. But is has been calling out to me from the stash for awhile now.

I feel like today is a day for hats. I want to make lots of hats. Hats for the babies, hats for my nephew and niece, a hat for the neighbor who is having a baby in February, hats for me, hats for Ben. I don't know why. Maybe because they are small and quick and instant gratification for knitting. Or maybe because it is getting colder and there's nothing like a nice warm hat over your head and ears. I think I shall knit a few hats if I have time today.

I also had a kick arse idea for a shawl while I was laying in bed last night. I'm hoping that will come to fruition sometime soon. But I need to remember to focus on the Christmas presents before I start anything else really big. Plus I will need to get some beads for it. Intrigued yet?

Today my brother is coming over to hang out while mom is at work. I think it will be fun. He's really good with the kids. I'm being summoned by my smallest one now.

Have a beautiful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment